It’s a no-brainer: Armed forces personnel make the ideal candidate to recruit into your volunteer fire department.
Think about all the challenges you face in recruiting volunteers who don’t ‘get’ all the fire service is about. With Veterans we don’t have to teach them:
- Our Value System
In return, we offer them the camaraderie, teamwork, sense of belonging and sense of being valued that so many returning veterans say they miss about active duty. The fire service offers them a step-down and reintegration process that few other volunteering opportunities offer.
Soldiers and Firefighters are extraordinary people who share common values and a common mission. Whether your title is Soldier, Marine, Sailor, Airman or Coastie — when you add the title Firefighter or First Responder, it takes on even greater meaning as someone who is truly dedicated to protecting our home front non-stop 24/7.
Active or Reserve duty military and Veterans of any branch are ‘low hanging fruit’ when it comes to solving many of our recruitment and retention challenges in volunteer fire and emergency services. They get community service. They get brotherhood. They get ‘all in.’
Join Forces: Become a SoldierFirefighter.com Volunteer Fire Department and Make the Commitment to Make the Connection:
- Welcome Home Soldier! Make the commitment and plans to welcome home returning Veterans and their families into your fire service family. Help them transition from active military duty to civilian life, and life in the volunteer fire service.
- We Salute You! Engage in local activities to recognize those who wear two helmets serving in both the Military and the Fire Service – by sharing their stories and experiences, publicly highlighting their service at every opportunity. Pledge to look out for and take care of their family every day, especially while they’re actively deployed.
- Join Forces! Actively recruit Veterans, Guardsmen, Reservists and Active Military to serve in your Volunteer Fire Service.
Enjoy the Benefits of Being a SoldierFirefighter.com Volunteer Fire Department:
- Build mutual respect. We have plenty in common. Create a supportive environment that offers them an opportunity to continue their legacy of service.
- Boost their morale and yours too. Recognize, acknowledge, and publicly and personally thank those who serve our country and protect our freedom. Make them feel wanted and appreciated by asking them to join your team. Nothing breeds success like success itself: Recruiting new members to your team always boosts spirits as there are more quality candidates to share your mission.
- Bolster the ranks of the volunteer fire service with trained, disciplined recruits who know how to get the job done. Active or Reserve duty military and Veterans of any branch are ‘low hanging fruit’ when it comes to solving many of our recruitment and retention challenges in volunteer fire and emergency services. They get community service. They get brotherhood. They get ‘all in.’
While our Veterans offer a tremendous opportunity for us to recruit qualified volunteers and for them to retain some sense of the service they volunteered for, we also have an obligation to welcome them into our fire service family and thank their family for the sacrifices they make through their soldier’s service.
CHALLENGE: The fire service needs volunteers who understand the values of teamwork, discipline, respect and the chain-of-command: Soldiers.
SOLUTION: In return, the fire service offers the camaraderie, adrenaline rush and sense of belonging and value that so many returning veterans miss about active duty. The fire service offers them a step-down and reintegration process that few other para-military volunteer organizations offer.
PROBLEM SOLVED: SoldierFirefighter.com
DTRT-Do The Right Thing. Become a SoldierFirefighter.com Volunteer Fire Department today. Download and share our Make the Commitment to Make the Connection promo sheet.
Serve your country. Serve your community.